Immerse yourself in layers of delicate ladyfingers soaked in espresso and enrobed in velvety mascarpone, creating a symphony of flavors that dance on your palate. Let's unravel the secrets behind crafting the perfect Tiramisu, where every bite tells a tale of espresso-infused bliss and creamy sophistication. Get ready to elevate your dessert experience with the timeless allure of Tiramisu!
- 2 mixing bowl
- 1 whisk
- 1 Rubber spatula
- 1 shallow dish
- 1 serving dish
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 8.80 oz mascarpone
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar or sugar
Espresso and liquor
- 1 cup strong coffee
- ¼ cup dark rum, marsala wine or amaretto
- 24 ladyfingers
- Unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting
Prepare the mascarpone cream
- In a bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Gently fold in the softened mascarpone until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Use a large rubber spatula to carefully fold the whites into the mascarpone mixture, until smooth.
Combine espresso and liquor
- In a shallow dish, mix the brewed espresso and liquor of your choice (if using). Let it cool.
Assemble the layers
- Dip each ladyfinger briefly into the espresso mixture, ensuring they are soaked but not overly saturated.
- Arrange a layer of dipped ladyfingers at the bottom of a serving dish.
- Spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the ladyfingers, creating an even layer.
- Repeat the layers: create another layer with dipped ladyfingers and top with the remaining mascarpone mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate the tiramisu for at least 4 hours or overnight to allow flavors to meld.
Customize by adjusting sugar levels or adding cocoa or chocolate shavings for extra flair. Buon appetito!