Squid with Armorican Sauce
Hello seafood lovers! Your Squid with Armorican Sauce is ready to be savored. This dish brings together the tender taste of squid with the robust flavors of Armorican sauce for a maritime feast that's both comforting and delectable. Bon appétit!
- 1 large skillet
- 1 food processor
- 1 lb cleaned squid tubes, sliced into rings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 can (14 oz) tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup dry white wine
- salt and pepper
- cayenne pepper powder
- If not already cleaned, ensure the squid is cleaned and sliced into rings. Pat them dry with a paper towel.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add squid rings and quickly sauté for 1-2 minutes until just cooked. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In a food processor, pour onion and garlic and chop very finely.In the skillet, add a bit more olive oil if needed. Sauté onion-garlic puree until softened.
- Pour in the tomato sauce, tomato paste and white wine and stir well.Season with salt, and pepper. Add a pinch of cayenne pepper but be careful not to add too much, you must add it gradually until you obtain the desired taste.Cook for about 20 minutes until the sauce thickens.
Combine squids and sauce
- Return the cooked squid to the skillet, stirring to coat the rings in the Armorican sauce.Simmer for an additional 5 minutes to let the flavors meld.
- Serve the Squid with Armorican Sauce over cooked rice or with crusty bread to soak up the delicious sauce.