Pan-Seared Scallops in Orange Ginger Sauce
This recipe is a celebration of succulence and sophistication, where tender scallops are seared to golden perfection, then bathed in a luscious orange ginger sauce.The symphony of aromas from minced garlic, grated ginger, and citrusy orange zest sets the stage for a sauce that's both vibrant and complex. With a touch of soy sauce and honey, the sauce transforms into a glossy elixir that coats the scallops in a medley of flavors.
- 1 saucepan
- 1 skillet
- 1 squeezer or juicer
- 1 zester
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- ⅛ orange juice
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 3 tsp honey
- salt and pepper
- 16 scallops
- parsley or microgreens or cilantro
- Prepare the sauce: mince the garlic and grate the ginger. Squeeze the orange juice and zest one orange.in a saucepan, add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Sauté minced garlic and grated ginger until fragrant.Add orange zest, freshly squeezed orange juice, soy sauce and honey to the saucepan. Stir well to combine.Allow the sauce to simmer and reduce, about 10 minutes. This helps concentrate the flavors.Reduce the heat to low and whisk in unsalted butter until the sauce becomes glossy and slightly thickened. Set aside.
- Prepare the scallops: ensure the scallops are dry by patting them with paper towels. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Sear the scallops: heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the scallops in a single layer, ensuring they have enough space. Sear for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add scallops back in: return the seared scallops to the skillet, coating them in the luscious orange ginger sauce. Allow them to heat through for an additional minute.
- Garnish and serve: plate the scallops, spoon the sauce over them, and garnish with fresh parsley or microgreens for a burst of color. Serve the pan-seared scallops in orange ginger sauce immediately, paired with your favorite side dishes, such as rice, quinoa, or steamed vegetables.
- Ensure the scallops are dry before searing to achieve a golden crust.
- Adjust the sweetness of the sauce to your liking by tweaking the honey quantities.
- For extra freshness, squeeze a bit of additional orange juice over the plated scallops before serving.