Pasta Risotto with Ham
This easy-to-make creation combines the comforting essence of pasta with the creamy allure of risotto, all while embracing the savory charm of ham. Prepare to charm your taste buds and impress your guests with this simple yet irresistibly delicious culinary masterpiece.
- 2 saucepans
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 14 oz elbow macaroni pasta
- 6 slices ham
- 4 tbsp heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 oz grated parmigiano
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Peel and slice the onion. Brown them for 5 minutes in a large saucepan with a little olive oil, then add the pasta and let them cook without browning for 3 minutes.
- Pour a ladle of broth to moisten the elbow macaroni pasta and mix until absorbed, stir, repeat the operation for about 10 minutes until the elbow macaroni are cooked.
- Roll the ham slices and cut them into fine strips.
- Once the pasta are cooked, add the cream and mix well. Off the heat, add the grated parmesan. Blend. Pepper and salt if necessary.
- Incorporate half of the ham and mix gently. Keep the other half to sprinkle it directly on each plate.
Other options: replace the ham by turkey or bacon or turkey bacon. You can replace the parmesan with grated Comté, Cheddar or Swiss cheese.