Perfect for those who can't decide between chocolate or vanilla, this marble cake offers the best of both worlds. The velvety chocolate and the classic vanilla dance together in a mesmerizing pattern, ensuring every slice is a balance of indulgence.Whether you're a novice or a seasoned baker, our Chocolate and Vanilla Marble Cake is a crowd-pleaser that adds a touch of elegance to any occasion. Let's bake some sweet memories together!
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 2.64 oz butter
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup milk or plant-based milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3.5 oz dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 320°F.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until the mixture turns white.
- Melt the butter and add it slowly to the mixture.
- Incorporate the flour and the baking powder. Mix. Add then the milk. Mix.
- Put aside 2/3 of the paste and add vanilla on it.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a water bath. Add the melted chocolate to 1/3 of the remaining paste.
- Pour a layer of the vanilla preparation into a buttered and floured cake mold (or silicone mold).
- Pour a layer of the chocolate preparation over the vanilla one, in the mold.
- Alternate one or two more layers of vanilla and chocolate and finish with a layer of vanilla. Arrange them roughly. Using a knife, quickly mix the 2 preparations using a zigzag movement in the mold.
- Bake at 320°F until the tip of the knife comes out dry, approximately 40 minutes. Unmold when the cake has cooled and cut to reveal the beautiful marbling.
For an ultra gourmet marble, make a chocolate shell! Once unmolded, place the cake on a rack and cover it with melted chocolate. Sprinkle with crushed hazelnuts. Let cool and enjoy!