This Mango Salsa recipe stands out for its delightful combination of flavors, textures, and versatility, making it a special and adaptable condiment that elevates a wide range of dishes.The recipe serves as a base that can be easily customized to suit personal preferences. Individuals can adjust the spice level, add extra ingredients like cucumber or avocado, or experiment with different types of tomatoes.The combination of colorful ingredients results in an eye-catching and visually appealing salsa. Its vibrant hues make it an attractive addition to any plate, enhancing both the visual and gastronomic aspects of a dish.
- 1 mixing bowl
- 2 ripe mangoes (peeled, pitted, and diced)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- ½ red onion (finely diced)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 2 limes (juice)
- ½ tsp chili flakes (adjust to taste)
- Prepare the Mangoes: peel the mangoes and cut the flesh away from the pit. Dice the mango into bite-sized pieces.
- Halve the Cherry Tomatoes: cut the cherry tomatoes in half. This not only adds a burst of color to the salsa but also allows their juices to mix more thoroughly.
- Finely Dice the Red Onion: finely dice the red onion to add a mild crunch and a hint of sharpness to the salsa. If you find raw red onion too strong, you can soak the diced onion in cold water for a few minutes, then drain and pat dry before adding to the salsa.
- Chop the Cilantro: chop fresh cilantro leaves to infuse the salsa with a burst of herbaceous flavor. Use both the leaves and the tender stems for added depth.
- Combine the Ingredients: in a mixing bowl, gently toss together the diced mangoes, halved cherry tomatoes, finely diced red onion, and chopped cilantro.
- Add Lime Juice: squeeze the juice of two limes over the mixture. The lime juice adds a zesty and citrusy element that enhances the freshness of the salsa.
- Season with Chili Flakes and Salt: sprinkle chili flakes over the salsa for a subtle heat. Adjust the quantity based on your spice preference. Add a pinch of salt to balance the sweetness of the mangoes and enhance the overall flavor.
- Gently Mix: gently toss the ingredients together until well combined. Be careful not to mash the mangoes; you want to maintain their distinct texture.
- Chill Before Serving: allow the mango salsa to chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving. This enhances the flavors and allows the salsa to marinate.
- Serve and Enjoy: serve the mango salsa as a vibrant and flavorful accompaniment to your Pan-Seared Ahi Tuna. It's also perfect for topping grilled chicken, fish tacos, or enjoying with tortilla chips.