Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
This zesty vinaigrette combines the tangy zest of lemon with the aromatic essence of fresh basil, creating an interesting condiment that adds a burst of flavor to any meal. This homemade dressing is sure to elevate your culinary creations.Lemon Basil Vinaigrette is incredibly versatile and can be used in various ways:- Toss with mixed greens for a refreshing salad.- Drizzle over grilled vegetables, chicken, or fish for added flavor.- Use as a marinade for tofu or seafood.- Serve as a dipping sauce for bread or crudité platters.- Incorporate into pasta salads or grain bowls for a burst of citrusy freshness.
- mixing bowl
- Whisk or fork
- Mason jar or airtight container (for storing)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey (or maple syrup (optional, for sweetness))
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Prepare the Dressing:In a mixing bowl, combine the fresh lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, chopped basil leaves, Dijon mustard, and honey or maple syrup (if using). Whisk together until well combined.
- Season to Taste:Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the acidity or sweetness by adding more lemon juice or honey/maple syrup as needed.
- Store the Dressing:Transfer the Lemon Basil Vinaigrette to a mason jar or airtight container for storage. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Use freshly squeezed lemon juice for the best flavor.
- Adjust the amount of basil according to your taste preference. You can also experiment with other fresh herbs such as parsley or cilantro.
- For a creamier dressing, you can add a spoonful of Greek yogurt or mayonnaise.
- Shake or whisk the vinaigrette well before using, as the ingredients may separate over time.
- This vinaigrette can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week. Allow it to come to room temperature and shake well before serving.