- Sprinkle over fresh fruit or yogurt for a simple yet indulgent treat.
- Use in place of regular sugar in recipes for cookies, cakes, and pastries to infuse them with a subtle hint of vanilla.
- Add to coffee, tea, or hot chocolate for a flavorful twist.
- Incorporate into homemade whipped cream or frosting for an extra layer of flavor.
- Gift to friends and family who appreciate the art of gourmet cooking.
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla beans or vanilla pods
- Prepare the Vanilla Beans:
. Split the vanilla beans lengthwise using a sharp knife.
. Scrape out the seeds from the pods using the back of the knife.
- Combine Sugar and Vanilla:
. Place the granulated sugar in a clean, airtight container.
. Add the split vanilla beans and scraped seeds to the sugar.
- Mix and Seal:
. Stir the sugar and vanilla beans together until well combined.
. Seal the container tightly with a lid.
- Infuse and Store:
. Let the sugar and vanilla beans infuse for at least 1-2 weeks, shaking the container occasionally to redistribute the flavors.
. Store the homemade vanilla sugar in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. If stored correctly and kept free from moisture and contaminants, homemade vanilla sugar can be enjoyed for several months.
Homemade vanilla sugar is a delightful pantry staple that elevates the everyday into the extraordinary. By infusing granulated sugar with the natural essence of vanilla beans, you can effortless enhance your favorite recipes with a touch of luxury and sophistication.