Honey Mustard Sauce
With its simple ingredients and delightful balance of sweet and tangy, this condiment is destined to become a staple in your kitchen.This sweet and tangy delight will elevate everything from salads and sandwiches to chicken tenders and grilled meats. In just a few simple steps, you can whip up a batch of this golden elixir that strikes the perfect balance between the natural sweetness of honey and the robust kick of mustard.
- 1 small bowl
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch paprika and/or garlic powder optional
- In a mixing bowl, combine Dijon mustard and honey.
- Add the mayonnaise to the mix.
- Pour in the white vinegar and mix.
- Season the sauce with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Adjust the seasoning to your liking, keeping in mind that the flavors will meld as the sauce rests.
- Whisk the ingredients together until the mixture is smooth and well combined. Ensure there are no lumps, and the honey is fully incorporated.
- For optimal flavor, allow the Honey Mustard Sauce to rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving. This also gives the ingredients time to meld.
- Adjust the honey-to-mustard ratio based on your desired level of sweetness.
- Experiment with different types of mustard for a unique flavor profile.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.