Honey Mustard Dressing
This creamy and tangy condiment combines the sweet notes of honey with the bold kick of mustard, creating a versatile dressing that adds depth and complexity to a variety of dishes. Honey Mustard Dressing can be used in a multitude of ways:- Toss with mixed greens or spinach for a flavorful salad.- Serve as a dipping sauce for chicken tenders, pretzels, or vegetable sticks.- Use as a marinade for grilled chicken, pork, or tofu.- Spread onto sandwiches or wraps for added flavor and moisture.- Incorporate into pasta salads or grain bowls for a creamy dressing.
- mixing bowl
- Whisk or fork
- Mason jar or airtight container (for storing)
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise (or Greek yogurt)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Prepare the Dressing:In a mixing bowl, combine the Dijon mustard, honey, mayonnaise or Greek yogurt, and apple cider vinegar. Whisk together until smooth and well combined.
- Emulsify the Dressing:While whisking continuously, slowly drizzle in the extra-virgin olive oil until the dressing is smooth and creamy. This helps emulsify the ingredients and create a cohesive texture.
- Season to Taste:Season the dressing with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the acidity or sweetness by adding more apple cider vinegar or honey as needed.
- Store the Dressing:Transfer the Honey Mustard Dressing to a mason jar or airtight container for storage. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Use high-quality Dijon mustard for the best flavor. You can also experiment with different types of mustard, such as whole grain or spicy mustard, for variations in flavor.
- Adjust the sweetness of the dressing by adding more or less honey according to your taste preferences.
- Shake or whisk the dressing well before using, as the ingredients may separate over time.
- This dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week. Allow it to come to room temperature and shake well before serving.