Indulge your senses with this 3 INGREDIENTS French chocolate mousse recipe.A super simple recipe that can be made the day before.
- 1 hand or stand mixer
- 2 mixing bowl
- 1 Rubber spatula
- 2 saucepans or double boiler
- 7 oz dark chocolate
- 6 eggs
- 2 packets vanilla sugar or 1¼ tbsp sugar
- Separate the whites from the yolks in two different mixing bowls.
- Add the sugar to the egg yolks and mix.
- Using a double boiler: In a medium saucepan, melt the chocolate using a double boiler (bain-marie). Cut the chocolate into pieces beforehand. Remove from the heat as soon as you obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Using the microwave: Place chocolate in a small microwavable bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds on low power (if you have different powers settings). Stir well and continue to microwave in 30-second intervals until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Be careful to not overheat the chocolate and stir well at each interval.
- Let the chocolate cool.
Making the mousse
- Beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until stiff.
- Add the chocolate to the yolks and sugar.
- Add about ¼ of the whites to the chocolate to make it softer.Then, add another ¼ of whites stirring gently with a large rubber spatula.Gradually add the rest of the whites. You must add them and mix with an air movement so as not to break the mousse.
- Pour the chocolate mousse into individual glasses or ramekins and let cool in the refrigerator for 2 hours minimum before serving. You can also let them cool overnight (even better!).
You should choose a good quality chocolate for the mousse. A good mousse is only as good as the chocolate it uses. You can add a tablespoon (no more) of coffee to the chocolate to give it a stronger side. Decorate with white chocolate chips or whipped cream.