Chilled Cantaloupe Soup
Step into the refreshing embrace of summer with our Chilled Cantaloupe Soup—a vibrant, cool concoction that captures the essence of sun-ripened cantaloupes.Bursting with sweetness and kissed with a hint of fresh basil, this chilled soup is a celebration of simplicity and the pure, natural flavors of the season.
- 1 blender (or food processor)
- 6 Chilled serving bowls or glasses
- 1 ripe cantaloupe
- 1 small cucumber
- 6 leaves fresh basil (+ 6 extra for garnish)
- balsamic vinegar
- 2 ice cubes
- red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 6 slices prosciutto
- Prepare the ham: cut the ham into thin strips and grill it (oven or pan).
- Prepare the cantaloupe and cucumber: peel the cantaloupe and the cucumber. Seed them and cut them into pieces.
- Blend: in a blender or food processor, combine the diced cantaloupe, basil leaves, red pepper flakes, ice and a pinch of salt and pepper. Blend until smooth and well combined. Taste and adjust with more basil or red pepper flakes.
- Serve: serve immediately or refrigerate for a few hours. It should be served well chilled. And sprinkle the soups with a few strips of ham and basil leaves.
Experiment with Presentation:
- Consider serving the chilled cantaloupe soup in shot glasses for a stylish appetizer at gatherings or in larger bowls for a more substantial serving. Presentation can enhance the overall dining experience.
- Serve with cantaloupe-mozzarella skewers.
- Consider serving the soup with a dollop of Greek yogurt, a sprinkle of granola, or a drizzle of balsamic reduction for added texture and complexity.