Embrace the spirit of Italy with the Aperol Spritz, a cocktail that embodies the essence of summer with its effervescence, citrusy notes, and bittersweet undertones.
- 1 wine glass
- 1 part Prosecco (3 ounces)
- 1 part Aperol (3 ounces)
- 1 splash soda water or sparkling water (1 ounce)
- orange slices for garnish
- ice cubes
- Prepare the Glass: fill a large wine glass or a balloon glass with ice cubes. The use of a large glass allows for the perfect balance of ingredients and optimal presentation.
- Pour Aperol: measure and pour 2 parts Aperol into the glass. The distinctive orange hue of Aperol sets the stage for the vibrant colors of the drink.
- Add Prosecco: pour 2 parts Prosecco over the Aperol. The effervescence of Prosecco brings a light and bubbly quality to the drink.
- Splash of Soda Water: add a splash of soda water to the mix. The soda water contributes a refreshing fizziness and balances the sweetness of Aperol.
- Gentle Stir: give the ingredients a gentle stir to ensure they are well combined. Be cautious not to stir too vigorously, as you want to preserve the effervescence.
- Garnish with Orange: garnish the Aperol Spritz with a slice of orange. The citrusy aroma enhances the drink's overall appeal.
- Prosecco Quality: Choose a good-quality Prosecco for the best taste. Its dry and sparkling nature complements the sweetness of Aperol.
- Chilled Ingredients: Ensure that your Prosecco, Aperol, and soda water are well-chilled before preparing the cocktail.
- Ice Quality: The use of large, clear ice cubes enhances the visual appeal of the drink and slows down the dilution process.
- Adjust the Ratio: Feel free to adjust the ratio of Aperol to Prosecco based on your personal preference. Some may enjoy a slightly more bitter or sweeter profile.